RACELIGHT GRANFONDO Ti This totally new frame uses the proven geometry of the Granfondo Sc and our own Custom Drawn Ti3AL/2.5V tubeset, the outcome is a superbly finished, smooth riding frameset, designed to go the distance and last for years. If speed, comfort, distance, adaptability and durability top your list, then this is the frameset for you.
The GF_Ti is manufactured by the builders of some of the worlds best Ti frames, using top quality, Cold Worked and Stress Relieved, double-butted tubing. This frame has all the touches that will help to make it a friend for life; [Some background on the details here.]
• Clearance for up to a 25c tyre when using full size ‘guards, up to a 28c without. Geometry is set for standard reach [39-49mm] calipers, this gives far more choice of high end componentry.
• Tough 7mm dropouts are double-eyeletted to easily accomodate rack and mudguard stays and our own brake bridge gives maximum tyre clearance.
• Down tube is Bi-ovalised where it meets the BB and Headtube, Top tube is vertically ovalised at Headtube.
• Headtube is integrated. The larger dia. thinwall tube gives more weld area and works perfectly with the excellent DC21 fork. We have used integrated headsets on our frames for years with no reliability or frame damage issues.
• Seat stays are curved with a 2m radius, providing silky smooth comfort over long distances. Chain stays are deep section and set wide at the BB for stability, we use ‘Bullet’ ends to finish them off perfectly.
• All eyelets are welded, not riveted, so they will never come loose. There is a ‘chain keeper’ on the RHS seat stay to neatly hold the chain when the wheel is out.
• All stops, including down tube adjusters are slotted, making cable servicing much easier, adjusters are high qual. anodised alloy.
Hand brushed finish with heat cured decals.
Frame/DC21 Carbon Fork/UD Carbon, micro-adjust post/Ti Clamp/Headset/Stainless bottle and rack bolts.
Review - Bike Radar by By Jeff Jones on June 19, 2011